London – noisy, busy but also surprisingly fabulous for babies. Our top 10 things to do in London with a baby will have you exploring parks, playgrounds and baby-friendly performances. This should keep you busy on your next visit!
10 things to do in London with a baby
1. Picnic on the hill at Greenwich.
2. Take the local ferry along the Thames to Greenwich.
3. Play in one of the London’s gorgeous and central parks.
4. Attend story time at the Discover Children’s Story Centre (near the site of the London Olympics).
Ready to book your trip to London? This will help!
5. See what’s happening at Southbank Centre.
There are dozens of performances and activities at Southbank every week: it is the largest arts venue in the WORLD. This means lots is on, much of it free. Many shows are great for kids; some are also suitable for babies (think puppet shows, buskers etc).
While you’re in the area, don’t miss the community garden above Queen Elizabeth Hall – it has astounding views to Big Ben and Parliament across the Thames. Stop here for a coffee, wine or a sandwich while bub plays around the gardens.
6. Make your baby stand with one foot in each timezone at Greenwich.
7. Take on some messy play at Kensington Palace or Hampton Court Palace. (so good it gets its own post.)
8. See a kid-friendly puppet show at Little Angel Theatre.
9. Take your baby on a double decker bus.
Sit up the top if you have a baby carrier, down below if you are with a pram. Either way, it’s more baby-friendly than the tube – plus you get to see stuff enroute.
10. Play in the wading pool out the back of the Victoria & Albert Museum.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you click on a link and end up purchasing, we will earn a small commission.